Elsa Moreck is a dear friend that I met back in 2012, the first time I met her we directly clicked and started talking about well, previous relationships. We had a lot in common. She is a LEO, has curly hair, and we both shared some common experiences in previous relationships. We bonded well… While most people are depressed and only eating these days, Elsa has been thriving. You can see from her instagram stories that she has been recently very active; always engaging with her audience. Online, Elsa has created a niche and is offering great dating services. As a friend, I am very proud of her and every mature woman in our age who’s independent and persistent on making it – and not just putting a ring on it 😉
Elsa turned the corona pandemic into an opportunity of finding love. Instead of folding her hands, she started (along with her friend Zac) a new initiative called “pandemic love” (which he launched later on and that she now hosts) and launched a Facebook group: Down to Mingle, where she connects individuals who are single and ready to mingle!
Pandemic love is an online TV show where single men and women blind date (only audio) other 3 single men and women.
How it works: Based on the best connections, the person narrows down his options to two people, then down to their favorite connection, and they only get to see them only on the third night – which is quite cool. In this swiping era, it is nice to connect to a person without the looks being involved.
“Down to Mingle” is a closed face book group of single men and women interested in meeting other single ladies and gentlemen. Elsa shares exclusive tips on it, offers coaching, and hosts virtual happy hours.
These are great initiatives where you can connect with other individuals who also want to connect – who might be just as alone as you are during this pandemic – So go ahead and follow @pandemiclove_ and add yourself to the Facebook Group: Down To Mingle!
I couldn’t let Elsa go off-live without some tips for all the single men and women out there; Here are some questions/ topics we tackled:
5 Do’s and Don’ts of Online Dating
- Do Make Eye Contact
- Do ask questions
- Don’t ask Intrusive questions like how many guys have you been with?
- Do not interrupt (you have two ears and one mouth, listen more than you talk)
- Do Smile
5 Tips for a successful relationship
- Learn how to fight better; relationships have a lot of arguments
- Learn how to laugh more with your partner
- Communicate, especially men (women love it when you communicate so that you’re on the same page)
- Be Patient with each other
- Pay attention to how you talk to your partner; to your tone of voice
3 Red Flags
- Any kind of abuse
- Any kind of addiction (that gets in the way of the relationship)
- Betrayal (emotional or physical)
How to know a man is serious about you?
- Pay attention to his actions
- He will want to see you more and more
- The dates will change from to just drinks to diners, to walks, to watching movies
- He will introduce you to his friends, parents
- Tries to see if you’re seeing other people
For women, setting high standards; the man either meets you there or you push him away because he can’t level
For men, expressing how they feel; men heal differently when they are heart broken.
If a man is being mysterious, about his personal life and you are suspecting he is married:
- Listen to your instinct it never lies
- The heart knows what your mind doesn’t acknowledge
- Investigate prove your theory correct, gather clues
If a man who only texts you late at night, then it would mean he’s not really interested, an interested man would like to spend more time with his partner
- We have to be very careful not to judge each other about our fantasies
- Fantasies about your partners friends is okay, just don’t act on it
- Sharing fantasies that would hurt your partner is not always a good idea.
What is the line between being honest and being hurtful
Always think if it were the other way around, if it would hurt you, don’t say it
They are a detour, not a destination
Being Honest about Cheating
If you were being honest so that you stop being guilty, it would be the wrong reason to do it
Talk to a therapist or a counselor before you do it; cheating on a person can really destroy your partner
Being Honest about Your Past
Honesty demands safety, only share your secrets when you feel safe – not right away
How do you know you’re in love
Focus on how you feel when you’re around them, not just how you think about them
That was a great live by the way, make sure to tune in to my next live videos during the pandemic on my instagram: @maya_acra
You can reach Elsa on her instagram @elsamoreck
Till next LIVE,
stay alive! 😉